Dear artists and potental artwork contributor
Tawakul, South Africa’s first Muslim crowdfunding site, invites all SA Muslim women artists to join our Women's Month, WOMEN OF ART FOR AID initiative. Use your talents to help us raise funds for Covid-19 relief.
Donate an Islamic* themed artwork to Tawakul and we will feature it on the Tawakul.org site (click here to see sample).
We will be running a month long campaign, via our social-media platforms, encouraging potential donors to visit the Tawakul site and to "vote" for their favourite artwork through donations. All proceeds raised on the site will inturn be forwarded to an NGO doing Covid-19 relief work.
The actual artworks will also be auctioned after the campaign, and the funds raised through the auction will also be donated to the NGO.
Your artwork, donated with the intention of Sadaqah Jaariyah, will be a source of multiple reward and benefit to you, as well as others inshaAllah.
To participate in this unique and exciting initiatve, please read the T&C and fill in the form below.
Hoping to have you join this worthy initiative.
M Hoosen Essof
*Islamic themed would be any drawing, i.e. a landscape, a vase of flowers, a jug of water or even a silloutte of a person, so long as there is no facial features such as eyes, mouth etc.
Terms and Conditions
WOMEN OF ART FOR AID INITIATIVE
By submitting the form:
1. You acknowledge and confirm that you are participating in this initiative voluntarily and that there is no expectation of financial reward or payment for the final piece of art created, for the time and effort spent in creating it, for the creation of any intellectual property and resources spent on creating it.
2. You agree to render the final artwork in a physical form and not a digital one, i.e. the artwork must be on a canvas, board, class, ceramic, fabric or paper (min 220 grams). In other words, if it is digitally produced on an electronic device, the final rendering must be printed so that it can be framed/mounted.
3. You agree to donate the artwork with its intellectual property for purposes of helping Tawakul raise funds for an NGO undertaking Covid-19 related activities.
4. You agree to waive any rights of ownership or intellectual property over the final artwork once donated for the cause.
5. You agree that the final artwork will be as per the picture that you will submit to Tawakul by the 28th of July 2020. This picture will be used on the Tawakul site and circulated via our social-media platforms. You will not in any way alter the artwork after submitting the picture thereof.
6. You will try and render the artwork in landscape format as 2:1 (example 320 x 158 or 640 x 316) (yes I know its an odd size - but its the optimal size for the image to show in full on the site). It can be as tiny or large as you wish, so long as its in these dimensions. [please see update at bottom of this page]
7. You agree that the artwork is your original creation/handiwork (or a collaboration) and not a copy of any existing artwork. By submitting the artwork, you indemnify Tawakul and the recipient NGO's of any dispute that may arise as a result of any claim of copyright infringement.
8. You consent to Tawakul circulating the picture of the artwork through our social-media platforms and to use the picture to solicit donations for the NGO's undertaking Covid-19 relief.
9. You agree that Tawakul can arrange to pick-up the artwork at the end of August 2020. Tawakul will pay for courier/pick-up costs.
10. You will submit a picture of the final product by latest 28 July 2020 so that we can launch the campaign on 1 August 2020.
11. You will do your utmost to send a good quality, high resolution image (picture) of the artwork so that we can use the picture in our social-media promotions and on the Tawakul site.
12. You will send a brief interpretation and/or explanation of the artwork.
13. You may sign-off the artwork and use it and your participating in the WOMEN OF ART FOR AID initiative to promote yourself should you wish.
14. You may submit a profile of your company/yourself if you wish and we will upload same onto the "Read More" page linked to your artwork
UPDATE ON MATERIAL AND SIZE OF PICTURE
1. Material to be used - you can use any material - wood, fabric, paper, glass, egg, etc.
2. Size - while we initially suggested an "odd" dimension, it was because we want to optimise the display of the picture on our social media and website. We have revised the artwork size. You can now submit any size artwork, the full picture of which will be displayed on the "read more" page of the site to see an example.
However, we will crop/rotate the picture you submit to us to make it "fit" our social media posts.
In other words, visitors to the site will still be able to view the full image (whether its a sqaure or triangle or round) on the "read more" page but a cropped image will be sent via social media posts.